African Serengeti Great Migration Safari 2024
March 9th – 16th, 2024 (8 Days, 7 Nights)
Led by Tahuayo Lodge Owner Dolly Beaver
Interested in joining us for this expedition? Let us know here!
Throughout this journey, you will get to experience the majesty of the great African Serengeti Migration. The highlights of the trip include:
A trek into the center of the Ngorongoro Crater alongside several guides
Several days of Safari rides alongside zebras, wildebeests, elephants, lions, and so much more during the peak migration season
During your trip, you will experience many locations in Africa. Amazonia aims to provide you with the best experience, and so will be traveling to the following locations for accommodations. Please note that locations are subject to change with equivalent accommodations based on availability.
Day 1 - Arrival at Arusha Serena Hotel
Arrival at Arusha Serena Hotel
Day 2 - Ngorongoro Crater
Day 2 – Ngorongoro Crater
- 08:00hrs – After breakfast and safari briefing at Arusha Serena (Takims Operation Manager – Salma will meet
with the tour leader)
- 08:30hrs – Depart for Ngorongoro. You will pass Lake Manyara and the village of Mto wa Mbu enroute, before
climbing up the great rift valley, passing through the town of Karatu, and reaching the Ngorongoro
- Conservation area
- Lunch at the Lodge
- Afternoon at leisure
Ngorongoro Serena Lodge-Standard LDBB
Day 3 - Ngorongoro Crater
Day 3 – Ngorongoro Crater
- 08:00hrs – After breakfast descend into the crater for full-day game viewing with picnic lunch. Here you can
see a spectacular concentration of wildlife, including the big five. Drive across the dense forest and near the
soda lake and enjoy viewing a variety of birdlife. Ascend from the 2000ft. deep crater to the lodge located
around the crater rim.
Ngorongoro Serena Lodge-Standard LDBB
Day 4 - Ngorongoro Crater – Serengeti National Park
Day 4 – Ngorongoro Crater – Serengeti National Park
- 08:00hrs – After breakfast depart for Ndutu Area via Olduvai Gorge with a short walk through the museum, site
of archeological findings, where traces of pre-historic man dating back to 3.5 million years ago have been
- Continue to Ndutu for game drive
- Lunch at Ndutu Safari Lodge
- Afternoon game drive in Ndutu Area.
Ndutu Safari Lodge-Standard LDBB
Day 5 - Ndutu
Day 5 – Ndutu
- 08:00hrs – After breakfast, short game drive in Ndutu area.
- 10:00hrs – Depart for the Serengeti National Park with picnic lunch, famed for its annual migration, when
some six million hooves pound the open plains, as more than 200,000 zebra and 300,000 Thomson’s
gazelle join the wildebeest’s trek for fresh grazing. Yet even when the migration is quiet, the Serengeti
offers arguably the most scintillating game-viewing in Africa: great herds of buffalo, elephant, and giraffe,
and thousands upon thousands of eland, topi, kongoni, impala, and Grant’s gazelle. Golden-maned lion
prides feast on the abundance of plain grazers. Solitary leopards haunt the acacia trees lining the Seronera
River, while a high density of cheetahs prowls the southeastern plains.
There is more to Serengeti than large mammals. There are over 500 species of birds, and your guide will
also introduce you to the small five’. In addition to a wide variety of mammals, over 300 species of birdlife
have been recorded in this park.
Serengeti Serena Lodge-Standard L-DBBL
Day 6 - Serengeti National Park
Day 6 – Serengeti National Park
- 07:00hrs – After breakfast depart for PCR test at a testing center in Seronera for 2 pax
Continue with a full-day safari with a picnic lunch in the Serengeti exploring the local ecosystem.
Serengeti Serena Lodge-Standard DBBL
Day 7 - Serengeti National Park - Lake Manyara National Park
Day 6 – Serengeti National Park – Lake Manyara National Park
- 07:00hrs – Depart for Lake Manyara National Park, driving through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. You
will drive around the crater rim and onward through the village of Karatu. Lake Manyara is located at the
bottom of the great rift valley. Apart from its abundant birdlife, Lake Manyara National Park is also famous
for its tree-climbing lions.
- Transit through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- 13:00hrs –
- Lunch at Manyara Serena
- Afternoon at leisure
- Dinner and overnight Lake Manyara Serena
Lake Manyara Serena Lodge-Standard LDBB
Day 8 - Lake Manyara National Park - Arusha
Day 8 – Lake Manyara National Park – Arusha
- 08:00hrs – After breakfast game drive in Manyara
- 13:00hrs – Lunch at Manyara Serena. Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport for Rapid Antigen test to be paid direct
- 19:50hrs – Check in for KLM flight KL 569
- 21:50hrs – Depart for onward destination
Reserve Your Expedition Today!
$5075.00 per person (double occupancy)
For a single room + $975.00
Includes all but International flights (we can help to find discount air)
- Prices for park fees may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags on safaris
- All the passengers must have an Identification Card/Passport with them
- Itinerary subject to changes only if beyond our control
- Reservation made with deposit of $1000 per person
- Payment can be made by credit card on our PayPal site
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. https://buy.travelguard.com/TGI2/proc/stateselector.aspx?br=agentlink&arc=51868&agentlinkasp=yes
This Trip Includes:
- Ground transportation in 4×4 vehicle on safari with pop-up roof
- Game drives & private safari experience
- Accommodation in lodges specified subject bioavailability
- All meals during the safari
- All park fees, government taxes, and service charges
- 1.5 liters bottled water per person per day on safari
- 1 pair of binoculars and 2 photography bean bags in the vehicle
- Services of an experienced English-speaking driver-guide
- Custom safari map of Tanzania per group
- 2 tour leaders free of charge on sharing basis
This Trip Excludes:
- Any flights or transfers not mentioned
- Tips and gratuities
- Drinks (soft or hard)
- Visas and Travel insurance
- Any items of a personal nature
- Any costs listed as optional services
Our time in the jungle was an absolute highlight on our trip to Peru! Truly amazing! …Again, we had the most wonderful time. Almost more than words can say. The jungle and the Tahuayo Lodge hold very special places in our hearts and CAN NOT WAIT to return. Thank you again for offering such an amazing trip.
Our trip was INCREDIBLE. The lodge was great, the food was amazing, and the staff were all so friendly. We loved our stays at the B&B, the main lodge, and the ARC.
Tia & Paula
It was incredible and a trip of a lifetime Paul! My sister Paula and I had an amazing time and loved everything — your facilities and staff are top notch and I want to come back with my husband and daughters!!