Terms and Conditions
Please review and agree to the following information before making your deposit:
Cancellations made less than 45 days before the trip start date are nonrefundable
Cancellations made more than 45 days before the trip start date are 75% refundable.
Please ask for our cancellation policy for all other trips e.g. Inca Trail, Africa, Nepal, Galapagos, etc.
Please note: Amazonia Expeditions does not assume responsibility for problems or any losses arising from:
- The operation of flights such as cancellations, delays, or lost luggage. Including flights that we have purchased on your behalf.
- The cancelation of the trip due to illness, political unrest, natural disasters, or other acts of God out of our control as a tour operator.
Note on arrival times and boat departure
On a usual basis, we only have 1 boat scheduled per day leaving from Iquitos city to our lodge. If for any reason you arrive later than the time stated on your itinerary you may have to assume the cost for a private chartered private boat to the lodge (cost for private boat USD 450.00) and the cost for accommodations in Iquitos city. Please carefully review the start time of your trip shown on your final trip itinerary.
Note on Travel Insurance
For protection against problems with airlines or other problems such as illness or political or natural disasters beyond the control of the tour operator we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We recommend the purchase of travel insurance within 2 weeks of making your trip deposit. We recommend Travel Guard: https://buy.travelguard.com/TGI2/proc/stateselector.aspx?br=agentlink&arc=51868&agentlinkasp=yes
CODE OF CONDUCT
All guests are expected to abide by a code of conduct that shows respect to indigenous people, the environment, wildlife, staff, and fellow guests. Please note the five bullet points below.
- The staff of Amazonia Expeditions treats all guests with respect and kindness and management expects that guests will also treat all staff, native people, and fellow guests with appropriate respect and will not tolerate abusive behavior on the part of its guests.
- Although raising one’s voice, or yelling, may be considered the norm in some cultures, it can be perceived to be very rude by local standards. Raising one’s voice in anger may result in your guide or other staff members feeling uncomfortable in your presence and may affect the overall quality of your trip. In Peru using vulgar, abusive language is a criminal misdemeanor. We reserve the right to remove you without a refund if you engage in abusive behavior.
- It is part of our ethical mission to not handle or disturb wildlife in their natural setting. If you are looking for a selfie holding wildlife, then this is not the trip for you!
- Soliciting drugs or sex or any other unethical demands from the staff or indigenous people will result in arrest and criminal charges.
- Inappropriate behavior will result in the guest being directed to leave without refund or if deemed excessive, with forced removal by local police and a criminal complaint.
Traveler understands that wilderness travel has inherent risks and agrees to hold Amazonia Expeditions and all its employees harmless and free of liability for any harm, injury, illness, or death.
Traveler further agrees that any disputes arising from the trip must be resolved through binding arbitration handled by the Better Business Bureau of West Florida.
On Credit Cards:
While we do accept major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover, (for deposit payments only at this time) customers must provide us authorization for each transaction. Your authorization is a binding agreement for us to charge your card, and as such, you waive any right to a chargeback in the case of cancellation for any cause (excepting fraud), including a force majeure event, as defined herein, and agree to refund policies and procedures as outlined in these terms and conditions. In the event a client attempts to chargeback, reverse or recollect a trip payment already made without our authorization, we reserve the right to collect all additional costs, fees, and expenses associated with such chargeback, reversal, or recollection, including, without limitation, attorney fees.
By booking your arrangement with us, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement and any additional terms and conditions of any supplier that applies to your booking arrangements. The lead passenger assumes the responsibility of sharing these terms and conditions with each passenger in their group, including payment of all amounts when due. It is the responsibility of each passenger to read our terms and conditions in its entirety. In addition, we reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions. If there is any part of these terms and conditions that you do not agree with, please do not use our travel services.” By submitting my deposit, I agree that I have read and understand the preceding terms and conditions.